Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Got Gravy?

Well, here's my second try at the turkey quilt. I decided to go with sepia--it looks more gray in the photo. It was harder than I thought it would be to represent all the tones in the quilt with only one colored pencil. Both turkey quilts ended up being about 8" square.

In this photo you can see that I finished the quilts with a non-traditional binding. It's pearl cotton with a fairly heavy zigzag stitch over it. It's almost like the finish you could get from a serger. I discovered that I really liked hand-quilting a whole cloth quilt--it goes really quick and there are no seams to quilt through!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both quilts look very cool! Makes me hungry for some Thanksgiving feasting! :) LOL

Kim said...

That was the whole idea! After all this work I think I'm ready for some turkey and pumpkin pie.