Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Conclusion of the Brandenburg Project

90 days have come and gone since I started this project, and my foremost conclusion is: DANG, Jim Brandenburg, you are awesome! My photographs can in no way compare/compete, but thanks for the inspiration.

The other thing I drew from this was that each day I went out to shoot, I had no idea what I was going to get. Some days I would take my camera out in the back yard, desperate for something, anything to post on the blog and be pleasantly surprised by a lady bug, or rain drops, or some other serendipitous happening. Other days I would go out hunting and only be able to scrape up one measly image that I wasn't really that happy with, but that I decided to make do with because I was out of time and out of energy.

Overall, I am pleased with my work. This project pushed me creatively, but it also helped me to get to know my camera equipment and its capabilities in a way that would have taken way longer had I not done this. I now know that I will always take my Tamron 70-210mm zoom with me wherever I go. It, by far, was my most versatile lens with its telephoto and macro abilities. And to think, a year ago I told Geoff to go ahead and sell the thing (glad no one else wanted it)!

So, what's next. I don't know. I guess we'll all have to wait until I figure that out. Until then, happy photographing.

No comments: